Tom Kha Hed – Thai Mushroom Soup


Today we friends are going for another Potluck Party Cyber Style. I am taking today Thai Mushroom soup which was prepared by friend Nupur in our previous party. You can get the creator recipe in her blog UK, Rasoi n me. It’s very delicious comfy soup and I thank her for sharing such delicious awesome recipe. The most popular international cuisine in India after Chinese is Thai cuisine so I think every Indian will like the taste of Tom Kha Hed.  Last but not the least I think in every part of India, people like the taste of coconut and this recipe is well blended with the flavor of coconut and it’s lime and hot taste add a special zing to buds. I am sure you all will love it.

Preparation time  10 minutes
Cooking time   30 minutes
Serves  4  to 5

Ingredients  
1 cup coconut milk 
4  cups vegetable stock
3 pieces root end lemon grass chopped finely
1 stick butter
2 table spoon  lime juice
1tsp red  chilly flakes 
½ cup chopped  coriander leaves
Salt to taste 

Methods Of Cooking

I make my homemade vegetable stock with a cup of chopped vegetable like carrot, potatoes, beans, turnip, chopped onion,chopped garlic ,bay leaves, pepper and one tsp of vegetable oil. It takes about 25 to 30 minutes to make the vegetable stock. Once done strain the stock and keep aside. You can make it before hand to save time. Take coconut milk , vegetable stock and lemon grass in a bowl and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Then strain and keep aside. Saute the mushroom in butter for 5 to 6 minutes till softened. Add the pre made coconut vegetable stock. Simmer for 6 to 8 minutes and then put off the flame. Add lime juice and chilly flakes and chopped coriander leaves. I missed coriander leaves in a hurry but without coriander also this soup is a heart pleasing .I am a soupoholic so I love it no doubt but not so soup lovers in my family also find it awesome.....Tom Kha Hed will now on be counted as our family favorite recipe.



Sending this to Jagruti's Potluck Party Cyber Style






Happy Cooking!

Comments

Post a Comment